Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wats and Love



In case anybody's reading this, I thought I would post something because I have not done so for awhile. Today I am heading farther north with my friend Rachel, from Washington DC (soon to be my new home since I got into Georgetown's school of Public Policy!!!! YAY!!! how did that happen? I'm excited!). We are planning to cross the Thai border into Laos. Julie Lockman from Brooklyn first told me about this ride in which you pick between the slow boat across the Mekong River, which takes two days, and the fast boat where you have to wear a helmet and look down the whole time or you'll get whiplash. I picked the former option since I always appreciate a good "journey" even if the ride is exhausting. And I am already exhausted. As the elusive title of this posting implies (to me at least) I have been praying at many buddhist temples (called wats) and learning about love. Write me an email if you're interested in learning more and I'll post more about Laos when I come back!!!




2 comments:

  1. Hey Julie! I've been reading your blog, good stuff. The slow boat is torture - I hope you have an ipod and a couple of books! - Meredith F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you opted for the slow boat, even if it was slooooooow. oooohhhh... I'm procrastinating writing my many papers for grad school and feeling the wanderlust from within... can't wait to meet up and here more about your travels. be safe :)

    ReplyDelete