Thursday, April 9, 2009

Rishikesh

My time in Rishikesh is coming to an end. Each day I have been attending a course called "Great Freedom" (http://www.greatfreedom.org/), which ironically took up almost all the hours of the day and I wasn't "free" to do hardly anything else. Naahhh...I still had good food and met awesome people and saw the beauty of this place. Like other cities by the Ganges River, there was a spiritual vibe. This is where the Beatles came in the 60s and stayed at an ashram that is still preserved. The city's special vibration forced many people that I spoke to, to look in the mirror and face emotions like loneliness, fear, anger, etc. At least that was my experience and that of others I spoke to. My course sorta helped work through those things and be FREE!!!
Now I'm off to explore the south of India again and say goodbye to friends I made at the ashram. My scheduled arrival is April 24th back to Nueva York. Perty crazy. Well, the world keeps on turning and somehow I suspect that I'll be back to this part of the world.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I can't believe you're flying back tomorrow! Or maybe that's today and you're landing tomorrow. Crazy! Catching up on and enjoying your blog.

    -Josh

    ReplyDelete